Flemac 100mg is an aceclofenac tablet by Panas Pharmaceuticals . It belongs to the NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines) superfamily of drugs. Aceclofenac is one of the most common painkillers in Nepal.
All aceclofenacs, including Flemac 100mg are painkillers. It alleviates pain and symptoms occurring in a variety of conditions. These will be listed below
It should be taken as per your doctor’s prescription. Normally, the dose is twice daily, usually after food. Consuming this drug at other times may lead to stomach upset.
Indications of Flemac 100mg
This drug provides pain relief in almost all painful conditions. Some of these are: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and bursitis. Additionally, it also has uses in ankylosing spondylitis, post-operatively and after fractures and soft tissue injuries. This medicine has its regular uses also in toothache, dysmenorrhoea, renal colic. In traumatic conditions, this drug also reduces swelling.
However, in very severe conditions, you may have to switch to parenteral form or steroids.
Common side effects of Flemac
These are epigastric pain, nausea, dizziness, headache and indigestion. Besides, constipation, skin rash and occasional loss of appetite may also be the complaints of patients.
Consult your doctor if you have these effects in intolerable amount
How to use Flemac 100mg ?
You must take this drug in after your meal. Swallow this tablet in whole with an ample amount of water or any other fluid? Do not chew, crush or break this tablet.
How Flemac tablet works?
Being an NSAID, this drug works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes, both COX-1 and COX-2. However, it is moderately COX-2 selective. This leads to decrease in synthesis of prostaglandins, responsible for pain, swelling and fever. This drug also has some chondroprotective effect, leading to a good joint health.
Safety concerns of Flemac 100mg
- Do not take this brand of aceclofenac with alcohol. It may produce adverse reactions. Further, it may also precipitate heartburn that aggravates your condition
- Pregnancy: Only animal studies are present in literature showing its side effects in pregnancy. We recommend you consult with your doctor before using Flemac in pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding: Safety of this drug in breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your physician before use.
- Driving: Be cautious when you use this drug while driving. This may precipitate weakness after immediate intake.
- Kidney: If you have severe kidney disease, don’t take this drug. However, if you have mild kidney disease, your physician may modify the dose.
- Liver disease: In severe liver disease do not use Flemac 100mg. Please consult your doctor about the dose modification in cases where liver functions are mildly deranged.
What if you forget to take Flemac 100mg Tablets?
Take it as soon as possible if you forget at any instance. If you forget one day or two, take it the next time and continue taking it. We do not recommend doubling or tripling the dose in this context.
Superiority over other groups of NSAIDs
The mechanism by which all NSAIDs work is similar. Considering potency there are several articles which you may want to read in Cochrane or Pubmed.
FAQs about Acfen 100mg
What is the use of this drug ?
It is a brand name of aceclofenac, which belongs to the class of NSAIDs. Flemac works by decreasing the production of prostaglandins, the pain mediator. It has uses in all times of musculoskeletal, arthritic and traumatic pain.
What is the best time to take Flemac 100mg tablets?
The best time is after your main meals. Take it within 10 minutes of intake of food. Do not consume in empty stomach as it may lead to increased gastric acid production. This may lead to symptoms of heartburn and GERD.
How long does it take for work?
Action starts within 15 minutes to half hour. This drug, after onset of action, will relieve your symptoms partially for 4-6 hours. However, to get complete relief from your symptoms, take this drug as per your prescription.
Is Flemac 100mg safe?
Yes, it is safe in most of the conditions. But dose adjustments are needed in liver and kidney diseases. Don’t use in pregnancy and lactation
Can I take this drug if I am fasting?
Yes, you can take Flemac 100mg, if you are fasting or even intermittent fasting.
Can I stop taking Flemac 100mg if I feel better?
You can stop this drug after the prescription is over. Stoping it abruptly after few doses, may lead to recurrence of pain. However, you should not consume this drug beyond 15 days. Strictly! consult your physician if you have to do so.
What if I overdose with this drug ?
Contact your health personnel immediately in this regard. Though there are no such systemic toxicity and antidotes for Flemac, we request you be vigilant.
Does this drug cause weight gain?
There are only a few reports that may cause weight gain while intaking this drug. So, consult your doctor for any weight gain concerns
Can I take Flemac with alcohol?
Alcohol doesn’t interfere in the mechanism of action of this drug. But it may increase acid production as a side effect. To prevent further worsening of your stomach, don’t take alcohol with this drug. We strictly prohibit use of alcohol with this drug.
Can I take antacids with this drug?
You can take antacids with this drug. But please take them at least two hours prior or after.
Can I take PPIs with this drug?
In most of the cases, your doctor will prescribe PPIs with this drug. You need to take PPIs one hour before meal and continue empty stomach for at least one hour before taking any food.
What are the potential side effects of this drug ?
Flemac 100mg may cause epigastric pain, nausea, headache, dizziness amongst many. To prevent long term effects, this drug should not be used for more than 2 weeks in normal conditions.
Is Flemac 100mg injection available?
Currently no preparations of aceclofenac are available in intravenous or intramuscular injection form in Nepal.
Quick tips for Flemac 100mg
- Take this medicine after meals.
- You can well tolerate this medicine. But, you must take in time and avoid certain things.
- Avoid beverages, alcohol and smoking while taking Flemac for best results.
- Consult your doctor if you don’t see any effect for 2 weeks.
- Don’t stop taking this medicine before consulting your doctor.
- Call your doctor immediately if you develop severe pain abdomen, edema, decreased urination, severe vomiting and rashes
- Check for liver and renal function tests, if you need to take this drug for long time
Summary: Flemac 100mg
- Chemical Class: Dichlorobenzene
- Manufacturer: Panas
- Available in combination: None
- Addiction: None
- Bioavailability: 70-80%
- Metabolism: Liver
- Excretion: Faeces, Urine
- Therapeutic class: NSAIDs
- Price: NRs. 4
- License Number: 13910
- Drug Type: Category B
- Availability: In all pharmacies,Online pharmacies in Nepal
- Prescription Required? : No.
About Panas Pharmaceuticals
It has its corporate office in Kathmandu. It has more than 55 products. Plants of this company are present in Ganapur, Banke, Nepal.
- Acfen 100mg – Nova Genetica
- Acemed 100mg – Quest