Mega-cal is a newer version of existing product Calci-cal. Enterprenuers have come up with a new composition this time . It is also a product of Vishanka Pharmaceuticals. One should be aware that it is not a prescription product (like Sendose, Calron-D3), hence you can purchase it from any store. Just to joke! these are products like bread and sugar.
Composition of Mega-Cal
Mega-cal is a blend of Calcium, Magnesium, zinc and vitamin D3. The details are in a table below.
|Calcium Citrate Maleate||1250mg |
equivalent to elemental calcium 500mg
|Vitamin D3||200 IU|
Like Max-cal, Kushank suppliers does the marketing. There are several fallacies of this supplement. First of all, it contains very less amounts of all nutrients but calcium. To explain, the amount of vitamin D in this product is very very less than the RDA.
There are other ingredients as well. They are: Dicalcium phosphate, sodium starch glycolate, starch, talcum, Titanium dioxide, permitted colour and class II preservatives.
When to use Mega-Cal ?
We recommend this product if you have calcium deficiency. But be sure to use this product only after checking your serum levels. Also, get adequate consultation if you really need it.
We also recommend Mega-cal if you have fracture in the body. External calcium helps in bone healing according to studies.
Another indication is old age. If you are more than 50 years of age and consult your physician and take it.
Our suggestion to readers regarding Mega-cal
- This product is suboptimal. Nepalese population require huge amount of vitamin D and calcium
- Ideal combination is a two compounds of calcium. Hope the marketers realize this!
- Use this product judiciously. Don’t overdose.
- Immediately, consult your physician incase of any adverse events
- Price: 600 INR. That is 960 Nepalese rupees. High value according to its constituents.