The Medical Education Commission (MEC) has published official notice for postgraduate entrance examinations 2020. The exact date of the examinations will come later. Meanwhile, this notice is effective since September 12, 2020. After much hype and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this exam finally comes to limelight. Almost, over 15,000 graduates in medial field will now be able to fulfill their desire of enrolling into the post-graduate programs.
Details about the notice for postgraduate entrance examinations 2020
- This time it’s all online.
- The application will open from 10:00 am 17th September, 2020 till 5:00 pm 1st October, 2020 (Ashwin 1 to Ashwin 15, 2077 Nepalese time).
- Available Programs are:
- MD/MS – Doctor of Medicine / Masters in Surgery
- MDS – Masters of Dental Surgery
- MPH – Masters in Public Health
- MSc. Ph – Masters of Science in Public Health
- MPHN – Masters in Public Health Nursing, MHPE
- MD Ayurveda
- Masters in Nursing / Midwifery / M.Sc. Nursing
- Masters in Pharmacy (M. Pharm), Msc. Pharmacy, Master of Pharmaceutical Science
- MSc MIT (Medical Imaging Technology
- MSc. Medical / Clinical Biochemistry & MSc. Medical / Clinical Microbiology
- Masters in Optometry
- MPhil in clinical psychology
Documents to upload for being eligible in examinations:
First of all, you need a valid transcript of your bachelor’s degree. Secondly, you need a recent passport size photo. Then you should have a bank voucher of a valid payment. If you are a Nepalese native, you will need a scan copy of your citizenship. For foreign citizens, your passport will suffice.
If you are a government candidate, you will need to upload a no objection letter. You will need to get this letter from Ministry of Health and Population. You will also need to submit experience letter, depicting your experience in remote areas.
If you are competing as an open candidate, you need to produce a valid work experience. This consists of those health institutions, which have obtained official approval from the ministry.
The further details regarding this process will come tomorrow, September 16, 2020. Stay online with Nepdoc