Panloc 40 is an oral only pantoprazole by Alliance Pharmaceuticals Private Limited. It is a proton pump inhibitor and contains pantoprazole sodium sesquihydrate 40mg.
Alliance Pharmaceuticals is a pharma company with its headquarters in Pipara, Bara, Nepal
Panloc works by inhibiting H+/K+ ATPase enzyme in the stomach. By inhibiting this enzyme, acid secretion in your gut decreases, thus subsiding your symptoms.
1. Indications of Panloc 40
Your physician may prescribe Panloc 40 on several occasions. The most common one is a pain abdomen due to peptic ulcers. You may have to take for a month or two for this condition. Your doctor may prescribe once or twice daily depending on the severity.
Besides that, it may be a part of a triple regimen for treating Helicobacter pylori infection as well. It is also a choice in stress ulcers, bleeding ulcers, GERD and Zollinger Ellison syndrome. Doctors also use this drug for prophylaxis of aspiration pneumonia
2. How does Panloc 40 work in your illness?
1. In Peptic Ulcers
Panloc 40mg works best for peptic ulcers when you take it once daily. You should take this drug at least one hour before the meal for the best results. The basis by which this great medicine works is by reducing the amount of gastric acid produced in your stomach. After you start this medicine, there is a decrease in the further growth of your ulcer. You may have to use other drugs alongside as well depending upon the severity.
2. In Stress ulcers
Taking Panloc in stress ulcers reduces the amount of gastric acid. This will improve your condition. Stress ulcers occur in various traumatic and non-traumatic conditions in your body. So, other medicines, proper rest and stress relief are equally important to allow your body heal.
3. In Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD)
In GERD, there will be chronic reflux of gastric acid towards your esophagus. By reducing the amount of this acid, there will be a decrease in your symptoms like pain. However, this may take some weeks to manifest. Besides, taking this medicine, you must also make lifestyle changes. This includes taking ample amounts of water, weight loss. Similarly, avoiding food at least 4-5 hours of bed will be synergistic to the drug’s effect.
4. In Heartburn
The mechanism by which Panloc 40mg works in this condition is similar to above conditions. By reducing the amount of hydrochloric acid, there is decrease in the mucosal irritation. This relieves pain and soothes your upper gastrointerstinal tract.
3. Superiority over other groups of PPI
Panloc 40 by Grace is superior to omeprazole like other brands. Though the mechanism of action is similar, pantoprazole has less affinity for cytochrome P450 (CYP2C19). Hence drug interactions are less. Further it is more acid stable and has more oral bioavailability than omeprazole.
4. How to use Panloc 40mg tablets?
You must take this PPI in an empty stomach at least one hour before the meal. Do not chew, crush or break this enteric coated tablet. If in case, you have to take twice, you must take it one hour before major meal in the evening. Please don’t take any solid or liquid items during this one hour interval.
Do not take this drug with alcohol. Panloc 40 is safe in pregnancy. Considering lactation, contact your doctor before use. You can use this drug while driving. This drug is safe in kidney and liver diseases.
6. Quick tips regarding Panloc 40mg
- Take this medicine in the morning. Avoid any food (solid or liquid), for at least one hour after intake.
- You can well tolerate Panloc 40mg. But, you must take in time and avoid certain things.
- Avoid beverages, alcohol and smoking while taking this medicine for best results.
- Consult your doctor if you don’t see any effect for 2 weeks.
- Don’t stop taking this medicine before consulting your doctor.
- Call your doctor immediately if you develop edema, decreased urination, severe vomiting and rashes
7. 14 FAQs about Panloc 40
1. What is the use of Panloc 40?
It is a brand name of a pantoprazole, which belongs to the class of proton pump inhibitors. It works by decreasing the production of gastric acid. It’s use are chiefly in peptic ulcer, GERD and heartburn.
2. What is the best time to take Panloc tablets?
The best time is in the early morning, as soon as you get off the bed. If you have to take twice, take this drug at least one hour before your meal both in the morning and evening. Don’t take any fluids or solid meals during this period.
3. WHAT IF I OVERDOSE WITH PANLOC 40MG?
Contact your health personnel immediately in this regard. Though there are no such systemic toxicity and antidotes for this drug, we request you be vigilant.
4. Does this drug cause weight gain?
There are only a few reports that Panloc and other pantoprazoles may cause weight gain while intaking this drug. So, consult your doctor for any weight gain concerns
5. How long does it take for work?
Action of Panloc 40mg starts within one hour. But to get ample relief you will have to take this drug for at least 2-4 weeks. You may still have some symptoms during this time.
6. Is this drug safe ?
Yes, Panloc is safe in most of the conditions. We recommend talking to your doctor to get best results in this scenario.
7. Can I stop taking Panloc if I feel better?
We don’t recommend this. If you stop taking this medicine abruptly, there may be a surge of acid production. This will worsen your condition. Consult your physician before stopping this drug
8. Can I take painkillers with this PPI?
This and other brands are frequently prescribed together with painkillers. NSAIDS are known to cause stress ulcers. Hence, we recommend taking this drug along with painkillers. The dose and duration remains the same as above.
9. Can I take Panloc 40 with alcohol?
Alcohol doesn’t interfere in the mechanism of action of this drug. But it may increase acid production as a side effect. To prevent further worsening of your stomach, don’t take alcohol with this drug.
10. Can I take this drug if I am fasting?
Yes, you can take this pantoprazole, if you are fasting or even intermittent fasting.
11. What other dietary changes should I make while taking this drug?
We recommend you take a lot of fibers, decrease excess oil and fat consumption. Refrain from caffeine and carbonated beverages.
12. Can I take antacids with this medicine?
You can take antacids with this drug. But please take them at least two hours prior or after.
13. What are the potential side effects of Panloc 40mg?
The potential side effects are nausea and vomiting. Additionally, there may be rashes, insomnia and abdominal pain. If you consume for more than one year, you may suffer from hypomagnesemia, peripheral neuritis and osteoporosis.
14. Is Pantoloc 40mg injection available?
At this moment, it is not available. However, the company may have plans to launch the injection in near future.
8. Summary: Panloc 40
- Chemical Class: Sulfinylbenzimidazole
- Manufacturer: Alliance Pharma
- Available in combination: –
- Addiction: None
- Bioavailability: 70-80%
- Metabolism: Liver
- Excretion: Faeces, Urine
- Therapeutic class: Gastrointestinal
- Action class: PPI
- Price: Eight Rupees for tablet
- License Number:
- Drug Type: Category C
- Availability: In all pharmacies, Online pharmacies in Nepal
- Prescription Required? : No for tablet, yes for injection.
9. Alternatives to Panloc 40mg
- Pantorol 40mg by Grace
- Pantop 40mg by Asian Pharmaceuticals
- Panta-fast by Arya
- Panzol 40mg by National
- Pantera by Biogain
- Pansafe by Vega
- P-GUT-40mg by Madras
- Panorma 40mg by DJPL