Inar-75 is a product of Hukam Pharmaceuticals and consists of indomethacin 75mg. It is also available in 25mg and 50mg forms. Hukam Pharma is a company at Chapacho, Bhaktapur. It’s a Dugar group company
All indomethacins, including Inar-75 are painkillers. It alleviates pain and symptoms occurring in a variety of conditions. Take as per your doctor’s prescription. Normally, the dose is once to twice daily, usually after food.
1. Indications of Inar-75
Inar provides pain relief in almost all painful conditions. Some of these are: rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and bursitis. Additionally, it also has uses in ankylosing spondylitis, post-operatively and after fractures and soft tissue injuries.
Inar-75 is also a good drug for acute gout.
This medicine has its regular uses also in toothache, dysmenorrhoea, renal colic. In traumatic conditions, this drug also reduces swelling. Some physicians also prescribe this drug in severe headache.
2.How Inar tablet works?
Being an NSAID, this drug works by inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes, both COX-1 and COX-2. This leads to decrease in synthesis of prostaglandins, responsible for pain, swelling and fever.
3.How to use?
You must take Inar tablets after your meal. Swallow this tablet in whole with an ample amount of water or any other fluid? Do not chew, crush or break this tablet.
3. Safety concerns in various situations
Do not take Inar-75 with alcohol. It may produce adverse reactions. Further, it may also precipitate heartburn that aggravates your condition.
Pregnancy: Only animal studies are present in literature showing its side effects in pregnancy. We recommend you consult with your doctor before using indomethacin in pregnancy.
Breastfeeding: Safety of Inar-75 in breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your physician before use.
Driving: Be cautious when you use this drug while driving. This may precipitate weakness after immediate intake.
Kidney: If you have severe kidney disease, don’t take this drug. However, if you have mild kidney disease, your physician may modify the dose.
Liver disease: In severe liver disease do not use Inar. However, no need to worry in simple liver derangements. Please consult your doctor about the dose modification in cases where liver functions are mildly deranged.
4. What if you forget to take Inar-75 Tablets?
Take it as soon as possible if you forget at any instance. If you forget one day or two, take it the next time and continue taking it. We do not recommend doubling or tripling the dose in this context.
Superiority over other groups of NSAIDs
The mechanism by which all NSAIDs work is similar. Considering potency there are several articles which you may want to read in specific medical literatures. However, indomethacin is considered a very potent molecule amongst its counterpart analgesics.
5. Quick tips: Inar-75
- Take this medicine after meals.
- You can well tolerate this medicine.
- Avoid beverages, alcohol and smoking while taking this medicine for best results.
- Don’t stop taking this medicine before consulting your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you don’t see any effect for 2 weeks.
- Call your doctor immediately if you develop severe pain abdomen, edema, decreased urination, severe vomiting and rashes
- Check for liver and renal function tests, if you need to take this drug for long time
- Store in a cool, dry and dark place
- Keep INAR 75 out of reach of all children
6. 13 FAQs about INAR-75 by Hukam
1. What is the use of Inar tablets ?
It is a brand name of indomethacin, which belongs to the class of NSAIDs. Inar works by decreasing the production of prostaglandins, the pain mediator. And you can use this drug in all types of musculoskeletal, arthritic and traumatic pain.
2. What is the best time to take INAR 75mg tablets?
The best time is after your main meals. Take it within 10 minutes of intake of food. However, do not consume in empty stomach as it may lead to increased gastric acid production. And! it may lead to symptoms of heartburn and GERD.
3. How long does it take for this indomethacin to work?
Action starts within 15 minutes to half hour. This drug, after onset of action, will relieve your symptoms partially for 4-6 hours. However, to get complete relief from your symptoms, take this drug as per your prescription.
4. Is Inar safe?
Yes, it is safe in most of the conditions. But dose adjustments are needed in liver and kidney diseases. Don’t use in pregnancy and lactation
Can I take this drug if I am fasting?
Yes, you can take Indomethacin, if you are fasting or even! intermittent fasting.
5. Can I stop taking INAR 100mg if I feel better?
You can stop this drug after the prescription is over. Stoping it abruptly after few doses, may lead to incomplete subsidence of pain. However, you should not consume this drug beyond 15 days. Strictly! consult your physician if you have to do so. Further, this drug has prescription only for limited amount of time. So there’s no need to worry.
6. What if I overdose with Inar 75mg?
Contact your health personnel immediately in this regard. Though there are no such systemic toxicity and antidotes for this drug, we request you be vigilant.
7. Does Inar-75 cause weight gain?
There are only a few reports that may cause weight gain while intaking this drug. So, consult your doctor for any weight gain concerns
8. Can I take this drug with alcohol?
Alcohol doesn’t interfere in the mechanism of action of this indomethacin. But it may increase acid production as a side effect. To prevent further worsening of your stomach, don’t take alcohol with this drug. We strictly prohibit use of alcohol with this drug.
9. Can I take antacids with INAR?
You can take antacids with this drug. But please take them at least two hours prior or after.
10. Can I take PPIs with this drug?
In most of the cases, your doctor will prescribe PPIs like Pantafast, Pantop, Pantorol with this molecule. You need to take PPIs one hour before meal and continue empty stomach for at least one hour before taking any food.
11. What are the potential side effects of INAR-75?
These are epigastric pain, nausea, headache, dizziness amongst many. To prevent long term effects, this drug should not be used for more than 2 weeks in normal conditions.
12. Is INAR-75 injection available?
At this moment, no preparations of indomethacin are available in intravenous or intramuscular injection form in Nepal.
13. Can I take this drug in COVID-19 infection ?
Yes, you can take this drug you have COVID infection. It helps in relieving all kinds of myalgia and other pains, which are some symptoms of the infection.
- Chemical Class: indole-acetic acid derivative
- Manufacturer: Hukam Pharmaceuticals (In collaboration with Microlabs Limited, India
- Available in combination: N/A
- Addiction: None
- Bioavailability: 70%
- Metabolism: Liver
- Excretion: Faeces, Urine
- Therapeutic class: NSAIDs
- Price: 18 for tablet
- License Number: 2624
- Drug Type: Category B
- Availability: In all pharmacies, Online pharmacies in Nepal
- Prescription Required?: Yes